Mars™ Soiling Sensor
- Mars™ makes soiling measurement easy. Install, configure, and go.
- Innovative Mars optical technology determines a soiling ratio by capturing and analyzing images of dust on its soiling collection window.
- Unlike other optical soiling sensor technologies, it does not require any site-specific calibration.
- Mount the Mars unit in plane-of-array to capture soiling particles just like your PV modules do. Wash the Mars unit whenever you wash your PV array, to keep the Mars cleanliness identical to your array.
- Its simple and maintenance-free operation enables users to reduce technician hours and produce soiling loss measurements for utility and commercial-scale PV systems.
- The all-new second-generation housing provides simple and robust installation, with integrated mounting features.
- Soiling ratio
- Determine soiling losses for PV performance monitoring
- Optimize washing schedules
- Determine typical soiling rates for forecasting models
- Collect pre-construction prospecting data at new sites